Contract is provided for your review and is standard for all sessions (special contract available for standalone newborn sessions.).
Contract is immediately applicable at acceptance of photo session and once session is initiated. Payment for session is considered acceptance of all terms and conditions as dictated below.
A. the contract
Service Agreement and Liability
The client agrees that Grace & Joy Photography shall provide services to photograph to the best of our abilities in accordance with the portrait session selected. Every effort will be made to ensure your satisfaction according to industry standards. Any artistic interpretations by the photographer will be deemed acceptable and correct. If you are not satisfied with your images through fault of Grace & Joy Photography, they will be replaced. Notification of dissatisfaction must be received in writing within one week of receipt of images or upon receipt of products for replacement. We will do all that we can to ensure that you are satisfied with your images and products. We cannot be responsible for dissatisfaction due to circumstances beyond our control. In the event that photographic materials are damaged or lost through camera or computer malfunction, the photographers liability will be limited to a retake of the session wherever possible, or a refund of the cost of session fee if the images cannot be retaken. Photographer reserves the right to determine a retake or refund. If the session fee must be refunded, Grace & Joy Photography will have no further obligation to the client.
** Personal electronic devices, cameras, cell phone cameras, iPads, iPhones or camcorders are not permitted during the session.
Payment, Retainer and Cancellation Policy
The client shall purchase their package or pay booking fee prior to their session with Grace & Joy Photography. Session Fees secure time and talent only and guarantee your session date and current pricing only. Any extraneous fees (i.e. travel fees, extra person fees, beach fees, parking fees, additional time fees) must be supplied before services are rendered. Products and prints purchased will be billed separately and will incur tax and shipping fees. Prices for prints and products are valid for a period of thirty days after the date of your session. The total balance due, including tax and shipping, must be paid in full prior to any work beginning on the extra images or products.
Should either session date or time be changed by client, booking fees are forfeit. Booking Fees may be transferred to a rescheduled session at discretion of the photographer and will be considered on a case by case basis. Grace & Joy Photography reserves the right to reschedule any session due to inclement weather, illness, emergency, etc. Should Grace & Joy Photography initiate change due to weather, illness or other emergency, client agrees to reschedule session date. No refunds will be given.
Copyright and Reproduction
The client agrees that all copyrights and/or intellectual property rights for all photographs taken at the session shall be held exclusively by Grace & Joy Photography. It is a violation of Federal Copyright Law to allow photographs created by Grace & Joy Photography to be reprinted, duplicated, digitally reproduced, copied, scanned, or altered without our written permission. You agree to purchase prints and products directly from Grace & Joy Photography unless in possession of our supplied high resolution digital files with a print release. You agree not to make copies for sale or for the purpose of circumventing sale of the images by Grace & Joy Photography. You agree not to scan, copy or reproduce images in any manner without a written release. Any images shared on any form of social media (Facebook, Instagram, etc.,) MUST bear a watermark from Grace & Joy Photography, or client is in violation of copyright. Should you desire to post images in this manner, Grace & Joy Photography will provide watermarked, web versions of requested images upon request.
The client grants that Grace & Joy Photography may use any images taken at the session for the promotion of its business and services. Including but not limited to: website, blog, social media websites, studio display, internal and external promotional material, and product demos.
Portrait Session Details and Terms
* All sessions include photography by Grace & Joy Photography and her associates. Grace & Joy Photography may end the session at their discretion according to our determination of having captured adequate images both in terms of quality and quantity. If the session is ended prior to the maximum amount of time, there will be no refund or credit for unused time.
* Grace & Joy Photography reserves the right to refuse a requested location for any reason.
* The client agrees to relay the details of the contract to any and all subjects involved in this session.
B. the product
* Grace & Joy Photography will choose the best images based on industry standards. Up to 25 images will be made available with this package. Once final images have been chosen by client, Grace & Joy Photography will administer basic correction, retouching and editing, and provide a high resolution version from which prints may be ordered or digital images purchased. Images may be purchased for $25 individually, or $250 for up to 25 images, unless a promotional rate is offered at a discounted rate. Final images are available for high resolution download directly from a private, online gallery.
* Images will be available to the client within 21 business days from the date of your session.
* Should client order prints, client is responsible to choose and adjust/crop photos as desired, and spell check any text prior to checkout. Grace & Joy Photography is not responsible for any errors or omissions in text, and has no obligation to client to reprint for the aforementioned responsibilities. Shipping is not included, and will vary based on package contents and shipping speed as selected by client.
* Though clients are not REQUIRED to purchase prints directly through Grace & Joy Photography, it is recommended for optimal print quality, color accuracy, and archival rating. Grace & Joy Photography is not responsible for poor print quality if you choose another printing lab. Any promotional prints offered must be from final image selections only.
Proofs and Retouching
Images will be individually corrected for color balance, density, contrast, etc. Any prints that are ordered or used in a custom product will receive individual attention in the form of retouching, enhancement, selective area adjustments, artistic enhancements, etc. Retouching means correcting various elements in an image such as litter, distracting elements, and minor physical imperfections (bags under the eyes, teeth whitening, clearing of the skin, minor stray hairs, etc.). Grace & Joy Photography is granted total artistic control over the final image and the client understands that these are the steps we will take when referring to retouching. Any requested retouching over the specified above will be billed at $40 per hour, with a minimum of $40 charge. Fees will not be prorated.
C. the signature
The client has received, read and agrees to all the terms of copyright in this agreement and those descriptions set forth in the “copyright information” section, and agrees to relay the details of this contract to any and all subjects involved in this session.
send [email protected]